- Awarded the 'Extraordinary Junior Research Fellowship' in Physiology by Queen's College, Oxford.
- Gave Keynote lecture at the Experimental Psychology Society Conference on 'Modularity in Time Perception and Timed Behavior' organized by University of Liverpool and Liverpool John Moores University.
- Attended the eLife Oxford Peer Review Workshop held at Oxford University.
- Presented a poster at the Advances and Perspectives in Auditory Neurophysiology and Society for Neuroscience meeting.
- Received PLOS Early Career Researcher Travel Award to attend Society for Neuroscience annual meeting.
- Participated in a workshop on 'Publishing better science through better data' organized by Scientific Data & Wellcome Trust.
- Interview with NTS Radio, London for a documentary on music and the brain.
- Participated in Royal Society Early Career Research Conference on culture of research and future of science.
- Gave a talk on beta oscillations and timing at the Congress of the International Organization of Psychophysiology, Havana.
- Presented a poster on neuroscience of music at the Making Time in Music conference at the Music Faculty, Oxford University.
- New commentary paper on role of beta oscillations in predictive timing accepted in Frontiers in Neuroscience.
- New paper accepted in Frontiers in Neuroscience on analysis of the most significant papers on timing through bibliometrics.
- Established the Timing Research Forum, an open society that promotes multidisciplinary research on timing.
- New review accepted in Journal of Neuroscience on periodicity vs. prediction in sensory perception.
- Attended the Next-gen electrophysiology symposium at UCL Sainsbury Wellcome Centre for Neural Circuits and Behaviour.
- Started new collaboration with Advanced Skills Initiative to employ open source data science tools for neuroscience.
- Attended a workshop on Teaching and Learning Skills organized by the Medical Science Division at University of Oxford.
- New paper accepted in Cerebral Cortex on neural correlates of auditory segregation based on temporal coherence.
- New paper accepted in Frontiers in Neuroscience on substrates of working memory for time intervals in sequences.
- New review on auditory working memory published in Brain Research.
- New open access review article on progress in the field of timing and time perception uploaded on arXiv.
- Started new position as a Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Oxford.
- Participated in a two day Royal Society Education Outreach Training Course.
- Participated in the Computational Workshop on Memory and Plasticity at National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bengaluru.
- Gave a seminar at the Centre for Neuroscience, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
- New paper on structure-function relationship in auditory cortex using myelin mapping and MEG accepted in NeuroImage.
- Awarded the Sir Henry Wellcome Postdoctoral Fellowship from the Wellcome Trust, UK. (Profile)
- New paper on working memory for time intervals accepted in Frontiers in Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience.
- Participated in the ERC Berkeley Workshop organized by Patrick Cavanagh at the Universite Paris Descartes (Oct. 7-15).
- Presented a poster titled, 'Context-dependent representation of auditory time in working memory' at the Auditory Cortex meeting held in Magdeburg, Germany (Sept. 13-17).
- September 2014 onward, I will do a postdoc with Shihab Shamma and Daniel Pressnitzer at Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris.
- Commentary on Bartolo et al. (2014) Journal of Neuroscience published in Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience.
- We have now reached more than 14000 plays for our figure-ground segregation game on The Great Brain Experiment app.
- New paper out in Royal Society Proceedings on decoding tone cloud sequences in planum temporale and hippocampus.